The sacrament of marriage is a beautiful sign of life and love which pledges God’s grace and love to a couple. The ministers of this sacrament are the couple themselves. The priest or deacon is God’s witness to this marriage.
This sacrament celebrates the lives of the married couple:
– The joys of male-female friendship and physical union
– The most intimate kind of relationship (physical, psychological, emotional and spiritual) with another human being possible in this union
– Child bearing, teaching, loving, nurturing and forming children in preparation for an adult life of their own
– The daily routine of life in a loving atmosphere: the home
– Sharing the daily challenges of life and growing together from these experiences St. Paul tells us that marriage is a reflection of the very love Christ has for his church. Through this sacrament a husband and a wife promise to live faithfully together as one until death, reflecting in their lives the covenant love of God for his people – not a contract, but a covenant which depends on unconditional love which binds the husband and wife to one another. They promise to be faithful for life: exclusive, permanent, free, and Christ filled. By seeking marriage at the Church, you are choosing to enter into a spiritual union. As such, your mutual love, your family, and the children you may one day bring into life, will all serve as a sign to the world of God’s overwhelming love for us. As a people of faith, we recognize your love as permanent, faithful and life-giving.
How do I Schedule a Wedding at Divine Word?
Arrangements must be made with the church at least 6 months before the wedding. As a couple, you will be asked to meet with the priest, deacon, and/or a trained married couple to help prepare you for this important sacrament. Please contact the Parish Office (440-256-1412) before you set your date or reserve your hall.
Divine Word Catholic Church
8100 Eagle Rd.
Kirtland, Ohio 44094
Phone: (440) 256-1412
Fax: (440) 256-4929